“525,600 minutes, 525,600 moments so dear, 525,600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?” Time, our most precious gift, continually sifts through the hourglass of life. No matter how we make use of it, once used, it's gone forever. Serving this great Grand Lodge of Ohio has taught me many things, but the value of time has been my greatest lesson. I give thanks every day for the chance to Step Into the Light for myself, my family, and my community. I hope you give thanks for your gift of time.
On July 5, 2020, our Fraternity suffered a great loss with the untimely passing of Right Worshipful Brother Kevin L. Tanner, Junior Grand Deacon of the Grand Lodge of Ohio. Please keep Kevin’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. He touched many people during his journey making us all better by knowing him. May you rest in peace Brother.
Thank you for supporting the Grand View membership system by updating your account with your personal information and preferred choice of communication. I am proud to report all four communication channels have realized improvement since the Deputy Grand Master Roll Out presentations in August 2019:
- Grand Lodge of Ohio total membership as of July 10, 2020: 69,787 members.
- Email addresses increased from 36% to 43% or an additional 4,885 members.
- Mobile phone numbers increased from 23% to 29% or an additional 4,187 members.
- Home phone numbers increased from 58% to 59% or an additional 718 members.
- Verified mailing addresses increased from 88% to 92% or an additional 2,791 members.
Here are some updates for your calendar for the remainder of this Masonic year:
- The Grand Master’s Ride for Charity is August 29, 2020. I hope you’ll plan to join us as we ride to raise money and awareness for the Grand Lodge Charitable Relief fund. Enjoy a great day with friends and brothers riding in/on your favorite motorcycle, car, truck or trike. Register at: www.grandlodge2020.com/charityride
- With sadness, the Family Fun Camp out scheduled for September 18 – 20 is cancelled due to campground restrictions and limited calendar dates to reschedule other Masonic events.
Our Masonic year in 2020 is one we won’t soon forget. It is an honor to serve you and this great Grand Lodge we all love. I believe this is the greatest Fraternity in the world. Let’s all do our part to Step Into the Light and leave it a little better than we found it.
I hope you continue to make every day “A Great Day for Freemasonry in Ohio”.
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply and Speak Kindly.
Keith W. Newton, Grand Master