Masonic Organizations Must Register with Secretary of State

The Grand Secretary, MWB C. Michael Watson, has informed all lodge secretaries that due to changes in the Federal and State banking and investment laws, a local Masonic organization (be it a lodge, chapter or district association) will need to be able to provide its own certificate of good standing from the Ohio Secretary of State. In order to receive this, a Masonic organization must register as an Unincorporated Nonprofit Association with the Secretary of State. The filing fee is $25.00. Below is a link to the form that must be completed. Anytime that a Masonic organization wished to make a change in their banking or investments of any kind or nature, it will be asked to provide this certificate of good standing. Consequently, all Lodge Secretaries or Treasurers are urged to register as Unincorporated Nonprofit Associations as soon as possible. The webpage for registering as an Unincorporated Nonprofit Association with the Ohio Secretary Of State: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/upload/business/forms/580.pdf

Comments are closed.